Saturday, May 31, 2014

My Provider

All good things come from God!

I have been planning this trip for weeks in advance to come visit a friend in Orlando. I was looking forward to getting away and spending some time with her, meeting her family and just being able to get away for awhile. Originally the plan was for her to pick me up and we would be spending time in Lake City, which is bout 3 hours north of Orlando.  I bought my ticket with the anticipation of my travels. That day came...

A couple of weeks ago I had mentioned this trip to a friend who offered a timeshare for me to stay at if I needed a place :) I thought that would be such a great alternative and my friend and I could actually spend time in Orlando. Little did I now how much God was setting it up for me because He knew what would happen...He knew what He was doing when He sent me this gift because two days before my trip my friend tells me there is a complication in plans and she does not have transportation to come for me when I arrive...



Today, as I arrived to Orlando airport I had no ride and limited cash, but I was thankful that I had my friend's timeshare already reserved! What a blessing...all I had to do it get to it. So, I was thinking whether to get a cab or rent a car. While attempting to rent a car my card was reclined. The bank tells me my card is locked and I cannot do anything until they open on Monday. Taking a cab would have been plan two except now I needed to watch my cash flow for the week, which was quite limited...

Once again God was in control - he sent me angels in a form of a lady that I happened to know along with her sisters who came for a convention and allowed me to tag along. As long as I did not mind, they would take me to my hotel eventually...I was totally fine with that :)

It was a fun and relaxing field trip, and I was not the one driving!!! Mission accomplished! When we got to the convention, we were all hungry and I got this tabasco turkey with veggies...man it blew my mind! I guess I was really hungry...lol. As we sat down and I was sting this delicious meal I really appreciated the fact that God gave me taste buds to be able to enjoy so many flavours...He did not have to, but He did so that we can ENJOY it :) I was to thankful!



I waited around until they were all done chatting with my lady friend who had no interest in the convention anyway. After that we made another stop - at the Florida mall!!! (I know, boring right? lol - not a chance!). I got to walk around and even was able to get a really good deal on a couple of things that I really needed to get anyway! CHECK! It was solved without my evolvement and because I had to watch my money I did not spend more than I cold afford.

My whole day was planned for me, it was out of my control and in the hands of God. I could have missed the fun and the blessing that God was giving me if I chose to stress about the fact that my friend disappointed me, that I am stuck in the States without sufficient funds trying to take all the matters into my own hands insisting on my own way...but I just said to myself from the beginning that God is in control and that He will provide exactly what I need, that everything happens for a reason. Maybe I was not meant to get into that car for a reason, maybe God knew I needed to save money that I would have spent on a cab or other things if I planned to go to the mall myself...instead, I got an opportunity to exercise patience and trust in Him. I think I passed that test, because at no point did I loose hope and trust that He got this. It feels so good to get out of the way and let God show how much He really is for us!

When I finally arrive to the hotel, it was unbelievable! This was not just a hotel room , it is an amazing apartment overlooking the lake from 19th floor with a kitchen, living room and two bedrooms for me and my friend, who by the way is still able to come! Later I found out that she really had a bad day because even more trouble happen to her and her family today...so glad I did not get mad at her prematurely!



Once again my Daddy totally took care of everything and had me watch His hand at work. I was only able to see it because I was not worried, because I trusted in the fact that He will work everything out for my good even if at the time I did not see how. What an unbelievable day it was today. A true adventure and yet with God there is not need to worry!!!

...and for that I am thankful...

“That is why I tell you not to worry about everyday life—whether you have enough food and drink, or enough clothes to wear. 
Isn’t life more than food, and your body more than clothing? 
Look at the birds. 
They don’t plant or harvest or store food in barns, 
for your heavenly Father feeds them. 

And aren’t you far more valuable to him than they are?  

Can all your worries add a single moment to your life?

 “And why worry about your clothing? Look at the lilies of the field and how they grow. They don’t work or make their clothing, yet Solomon in all his glory was not dressed as beautifully as they are. 

And if God cares so wonderfully for wildflowers that are here today and thrown into the fire tomorrow, he will certainly care for you. 
Why do you have so little faith?

“So don’t worry about these things, saying, ‘What will we eat? What will we drink? What will we wear?’ These things dominate the thoughts of unbelievers, but your heavenly Father already knows all your needs. 

~ Matthew 6:25-32



No comments:

Post a Comment