Monday, June 2, 2014

Shedding Skin

When was the last time you've had that 'me time'? It's that time when you get to do cool things that you love, the things that the daily routine sometimes steals from you...

This afternoon I got chance to do something that, sadly, I don't get to do often - bubble bath Jacuzzi! It was so awesome! A bath tub full of really warm water and bubbles...and the whole jacuzzi effect was amazing. When I got out, it was like shedding skin - I felt brand new!



Today on the whole was so wonderful, so much to be thankful for! I made a new friend. We got to chat and share some cool stories. It was a day that did not involve any planning, the kind of day when you wake up and don't know what happens later that day. This was a smooth day, every minute was worth living it out. I even got a free bouquet of flowers, just by being at the right place at the right time.



I realise that it is the same with our faith walk. When we are walking in the Spirit, it feels like we are at the right place at the right time. When we follow the leading of the Holy Spirit we step into the divine favour and the right doors open up and the blessings are coming our way. Often times we get sidetracked and need to get back on track. To step into that favour sometimes we need to shed some things out of our lives that hinder us. It is the letting go of what does not serve us, whether it is our attitudes, some people or some circumstantces. Letting go is not an easy thing and making that decision can be even harder...



Today I got to reflect on the moments in my life that called for my attention. Was I in the right place at the right time? Do I need to let go? Were the right doors opening or was I walking though the wrong doors? These are some really important question to ask in time of reflection. We are a new creation in Christ and we are able to step into the leading of the Holy Spirit and create a new reality.

...and for that I am thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment