Sunday, September 14, 2014

Hammock Reflections

What a week! Words really cannot describe how loaded this week has been in so many ways! It was filled with amazing miracles, incredible moments filled with learning and teaching opportunities and times of rich conversations and silly laughter! This week was full and I feel full and grateful.

Was this week easy? By no means. This week was one of the most revealing weeks I have ever had. This was a week of tremendous discovery of how God can move mountains and how He really operates, providing His people the opportunity to stand up, rise up and experience firsthand what it means to partner with Him in the works of the Kingdom!

The one thing that God is showing me during this season is, firstly, that He never breaks His promises. The other one is, that if or when I want to see something manifest in my life, if I want to see fruit in a particular area, I first need to plant seeds. If we want to see love manifest in our life, we must plant love in others. If we want to see kindness, compassion or genuine care manifest in our lives, we first must plant them in a life of another human being. The harvest will depend on the seeds we plant all around us.


I love it when God speaks into these moments and even more so when He gives the opportunities to plant. Don't focus so much on the harvest until your have focused the same amount of energy on planting and investing in another person's life. It is amazing to see how your faith and the faith of those you touch increases and grows! Priceless!!!


Today is the end of the long week and it is time to rest and reflect. This is Sabbath :)
Luckily for me, I got to spend my sabbath in a hammock on the beach reflecting and bouncing thoughts about life with an amazing person. What makes this person amazing is the likemindedness. One of the best feelings in the world is to be able to share a moment, space and time with someone who is on the same wavelength. The hammock was just a complete bonus! From now on, I am spending my sabbath in a hammock, on the beach, with amazing people, reflecting and relaxing. That is what ultimately makes life beautiful...

...and for that I am thankful! 


No comments:

Post a Comment