Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Today

This day is what I am thankful for!

Days come and go so quickly and we seldom stop and be thankful for the simplicity that each day brings...Oh how much we take for granted! Today is a gift filled with opportunities to experience God's love, to bask in His relentless love and an opportunity to give love to others.

I am very thankful for today because in one day there were many ways in which I was able to see the beauty and love that God extends into my life through others! In many small ways He showed up and reminded me today that He is always there to encourage, provide, protect and empower me in my walk. His love is so constant and so evident!

This morning as I was planning the day trying to line up all the things that needed to get done, like the licensing on my car before the meeting and at the same time trying not to worry about other things that tend to be a distraction. That is when I get a call from a friend who offers to make breakfast "just to help me get my week started right"! I show up and here is what I find waiting just for me...I am humbled and blown away...


Home cooked egg omelette and Frappuccino...just because! What a great start to a day! The day was filled with amazing moments which all came together so beautifully. It was in the simple things that so often one would overlook or take for granted, like the fact that there was someone to help to get the car licensed (and you know the eternal line that takes hours on the last day of the month!), which allowed me to make it to my meeting in time! Or perhaps it's the way the Holy Spirit led me to arrange a meeting which ended up ministering to me in a way that was so refreshing and so much needed today...truly a blessing! Only God can be so precise in orchestrating exactly what you need in that day, providing this day just what you need practically, emotionally and spiritually...

We never know what tomorrow will bring, what we have is today. Today is when we get a chance to notice the way God works in our lives through the smallest moment, the way He speaks to us to remind us that we are His, that we matter...it's in the way He refreshes us at the right time, if we are only willing to listen and be led, with a thanksgiving heart. 



Today was a day when I let go of all the desire to control the outcome, but to once again - surrender to His will and follow His leading. Today I got a renewed desire to obey His guidance without fear of tomorrow...

...and for that I am thankful!

"Therefore do not be anxious, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ For the Gentiles seek after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them all. But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you. “Therefore do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble."

~ Matthew 6:31-34

No comments:

Post a Comment