Sunday, February 9, 2014

Accountability

First of all, I must apologise to all of you who are actually following my blog for not posting in a little while. My sincere apologies, at least I know that some of you are actually interested in reading what I have to say, which is very encouraging! This also made me think of ACCOUNTABILITY to which I am thankful and decided to dedicate this blog entry!



In everything that we set out to do, especially things that have to do with self-discipline, are not always easy to follow through. I am sure you can think of at least one hobby that you picked up and dropped, right? Like, many of you reading this probably would have been able to play an instrument, speak another language or imagined yourself at a more advanced fitness level by now. However, life has a funny way of catching up with us and mess with our schedule and we simply 'do not have time'.

One of my friends who was reading my blog actually called me out on this saying "Weren't you supposed to be writing something you're thankful for EACH DAY?" My response, "Umm, yeah, that's true, I really did not have a chance", to which he replied, "How much time does it take to say that you are thankful for having electricity to be able to get ready in the morning?"...Selah...



My friend is absolutely right. In our society and the world we live in to day we tend to dislike commitment and often do not follow through. I really appreciate having people in my life that care enough to keep me accountable and who take notice and are willing to call me out when i am dropping the ball by speaking truth into my life. When we do that for one another in love and with a genuine best interest at heart, we are helping each other to grow. Commitment to what we set out to do, no matter how small a task, and our ability to follow through, producing good fruit is a clear indication of our character. This is even more powerful when these are the commitments that we keep ourselves accountable for, even when no one else is watching.



What are some of those commitments that you need to revisit? Have you conformed to the patterns of this world and loosened your grip on some of the things that you thought you would never compromise? Are there areas where you want to see results that need your attention? Share them with a good friend so they can keep you accountable! I know I have at least one friend who did this for me...

...and for that I am thankful...

"Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one receives the prize? 
So run that you may obtain it. 
Every athlete exercises self-control in all things. 
They do it to receive a perishable wreath, but we an imperishable. 
So I do not run aimlessly; I do not box as one beating the air. 
But I discipline my body and keep it under control, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified."

~ 1 Corinthians 9:24-27



P. S. Share your thoughts and opinions! I would love to know what you guys think about any of the blogs so far. You can simply click by selecting the 'Reactions', or leave an actual COMMENT ;) TNX! <3

3 comments:

  1. LOL ^_^ Your words touch me deeply and run through my past, present, and surely will influence my future ^_^

    I have been hit with another "epiphany" and have come to an understanding that I have always understood; yet have fallen short. God continues to speak and is always clear. Through the concept of Accountability an individual sees clear in there mind that which they know they need to work on, or the obligation they have consciously put aside, or unfortunately forgot. We all know exactly what to work on, and we all know the future possibility of what may be if we dedicated ourselves to our dedication. Your words have relit parts of a map that I have fought over; but the question is why. Why would I continue in wasted time and hindering the movement of God, when I know he wants to use me. In my own words I have told God, "MY LIFE IS YOURS, WHATEVER YOUR WILL, JUST PLACE ME AND I WILL GO!" My eyes are refreshed; God is good ^_^ Continue Inspiring with your BLOG Lady ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) :) :) :) :) :)

      You are very instrumental in me writing this particular entry :) So glad that it is a blessing to you! Thanks for all your encouragement!!!

      Delete