Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Peace & Home.

The one thing that I can say that I am so very thankful for today is looking forward to coming home, knowing that when I get there I will be finally in my 'safe zone'. It is such a peaceful feeling. It made me think of the occasions in my life when that was not the case, and how that felt...that is one of the worst feelings ever.


Imagine you are heading home and you are literally dreading each minute as you get closer to your destination. Many times you are thinking of other things to do or trying to find other places to go, just so that you would spend less time home, dragging the time. That is a difficult reality to face for anyone who, for one reason or another, is experiencing that feeling. Some may not want to be faced with the loneliness, while others have to deal with some sort of dysfunction going on at home - the one place where one should find safety and peace of mind.


A home should be a place where, once you get there, you can drop the weight of the world off your shoulders, take off your shoes kick back and relax, letting yourself go one hundred per cent!  The minute you step across the doorway, even the scent of your place should invite you in and make you feel welcomed and cozy. Whatever or whoever is welcoming you there should be communicating love and acceptance. This is the one place you should be able to be yourself without fear of judgement or criticism.



A home should never be a place of fear or intimidation, but of complete safety and peace. It should be a place where you look forward to going to at the end of the day, and a place that you wish you did not have to ever leave. It is a place of refuge, where you recharge your batteries.

Today I realised that I am able to just come home and feel peace...

...and for that I am thankful.


No comments:

Post a Comment