Thursday, June 19, 2014

Phenomenal 2014

Today I had an opportunity to witness a turning of a page in the lives of some of my students who are now graduates! It was a moment when I was reminded that I was a part of something big. It is the first and the last time these young people will experience being graduated from High School. These are the moments that never repeat themselves. In the words of the head boy, Michael Cooper, "A second just past, and another one, and another one. We will never get that time back".



Watching these young people turn a corner in their lives, a milestone, so excited to be done with High School and looking forward to what's next and what is yet to come, was a powerful experience. Their hearts filled with hope and inspiration for their future, their eyes on fire to be PHENOMENAL as they step onto the road of life and begin to explore what it really means to journey in the real world outside of High School walls. They are at a cross roads and will have to make some life-altering decisions, learning to discover who they really are and what their purpose in life is. I felt so touched, humbled and honoured to be a part of that moment!

Above all, I was overjoyed to see those who had placed their lives in God's hands and were making stand for their faith, inspiring others to continue on their life's journey with God, because it is only with God's leading that they will be able to go in the direction of their purpose and attain their full potential, finishing the race!



My prayer tonight is for all the graduates of 2014 - that that may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent. Father, may they know how much they are loved by You and may that be what defines them! May they grow closer to You and truly know who they are in Christ and recognise that they can do all things through Christ who strengthens them! Lord, may You place a hedge of protection around each and every young graduate and that the weapons formed against them shall not prosper, in Jesus' Name! Lord, above all, may they know that You are always with them and may they rely on the guidance of the Holy Spirit, the Comforter, the Teacher, the Advocate, the Helper...always! Send them the right mentors and friends to create a great support system as they journey, so that they may grow to maturity and bring glory to You! In Jesus' Name...Amen!

Today was a powerful day for some beautiful students and I got to capture that moment!

...and for that i am thankful!

For I am already being poured out as a drink offering, and the time of my departure has come. 
I have fought the good fight, I have finished the course, I have kept the faith; in the future there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will award to me on that day; and not only to me, but also to all who have loved His appearing.
~ 2 Timothy 4:6-8

No comments:

Post a Comment