Wednesday, January 15, 2014

An unexpected visitor

This was one of those special moments that, when it happens, I am always thankful for!

Tonight turned out to be one of those unplanned and yet so interesting and fun nights. As the evening was coming to an unpleasant conclusion and I was anticipating a quiet night of centering and prayer, hoping to recover from a disturbing incident that happened just before, my phone rang. An unexpected visitor was stopping by to join me for some tea. As I was pondering on how I will be spending the rest of the night, my special visitor arrived. Tea pot on, honey and guava jam set up on the tray...conversation started...



A few minutes into it, we are both engaging in a conversation that leads to more conversation and as it all unfolds and we are having tea, I realise that my previously caused tension is leaving me. The evening is taking a turn and we are having a wonderful time of sharing and laughter with mom. The brief tea visit becomes a sleep over where we end up watching Russian stand up comedy by Zadornov whom we love and the whole experience is so dear to our hearts that we both ask a rhetorical question in agreement: "Where else can you sit and enjoy a few hours of Russian TV together?"...and understand what's happening! This was a moment of peace, love and a special, unique and unexpected bonding with mom...

...and for that I am THANKFUL...


No comments:

Post a Comment