Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Outdoor workouts are the best

The first time I ever saw palm trees and coconut trees was when I was 8 years old. I will never forget it...

My mom and I went to Cuba and it was a looooong flight from Moscow to Havana. I was sleeping when we arrived. It was dark outside... I remember waking up on the backseat of the taxi coming from the airport and all I could see was the palm trees flashing across as I opened my eyes. I knew we were in Cuba and I felt this sense of adventure being in the unknown place, not knowing what to expect, but having this child like excitement and anticipation of what was to come.

When we went back to Russia, that was one of those little things I missed, the tropical and dreamy coconut trees :)



Every time I go to work out at my usual spot, I look up as I do my ab exercises and think of how much I appreciate these exotic and strange looking trees that have become so familiar to me...

...and for that I am THANKFUL...

No comments:

Post a Comment