Monday, January 13, 2014

Bonds of friendship and love

Today I had to really think of that one thing I am thankful for. I am thankful for everything that God blesses me every day, but that is kind of generic for the blog...so I had to think really hard about that one thing that I am thankful for this day...

See, last night I broke my pinky toe and had to deal with that today (thank God it was not broken, just dislocated). Yes, I know, the question that begs is "Is that even possible?" Apparently, it is! So, here is the story: I was sitting on my bed, on my laptop, and my left leg fell asleep...happens, right? 

As I got up to walk I suddenly realised that my led is a bit weak, so I tried to walk it off, as usual, and get the sensation back. It began to feel better and thought I was good to go, but on my third step my the muscle of my leg along with the knee completely gave in and I literally collapsed on the floor. My pinky toe must have gotten caught up and twisted during the fall :( OUCH! I did not even feel it this much at first...The toe did look like it was swelling and did not seem to be in the right place. All of a sudden the feeling completely came back and WOW - I felt the pain at its finest! 
...not really thankful for all that!



Today was the day for me to go and deal with it. Now that I look back, I realise that it is in the moments like these you really get to witness those who really take the time and care. It is in moments like these that true friendships are revealed :)

...and for that I am thankful...

Do not take your true friends for granted!

"Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one's life for one's friends."
John 15:13


No comments:

Post a Comment