Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Google it!

I am so thankful for my new addition to the gadgets and toys that make my life a better place :)
I know I am getting all excited about something that is material, but in actuality the fact that someone would even think of giving me this awesome little gift 'just because' and it is one of those things that are exactly what I would love to have but probably would not buy for myself - that was priceless! It really made my day!

So as I was thinking about how I am thankful about this new little speaker that pushes some serious sound and I can actually move it around wirelessly, I could not help but notice how I am also thankful for my faithful friend in time of doubt - Google! Yes, Google is definitely my friend!I google at least 10 things each day, seriously! Google cares that I am not lost when I am in need of information and is always there when I need it! If those are not qualities of a friend, then I don't know what is! Ok, ok, I am just kidding...LOL



Great friends who care and Google...what else can a girl need ;) But on a serious note - I am thankful for the genuine and much useful 'just because' gift that is so well thought of, I can see that the person was paying attention! Thank you - you know who you are! ;)

Lately I have been thinking a lot about friends and the friendships in my life. There are people who come into our lives and they are really great people and great friends, but only for a season. They teach you good things and much needed lessons about life and about who you are as a person. Then, there are people who really want to have meaningful friendships but themselves do not realise that for a friendship to be great it means there must be a give-and-take, it means being that good friend for another not only when it's easy and convenient but when it counts. And then there are people who are genuinely there for you, they know you and they still want to be there no matter what, because they are in it not just for what they can take away from the friendship, but they want to know you and understand you...those are the friends that stick around, the ride or die kind of friends because they really do care and have your best interest at heart. Jesus is that kind of friend to us, He is the ultimate friend, even if the world disappoints and people walk in and out of your life - He will never leave you not forsake you :)

...and for that I am thankful...

"This is my commandment: Love each other in the same way I have loved you. There is no greater love than to lay down one's life for one's friends. You are my friends if you do what I command. I no longer call you slaves, because a master doesn't confide in his slaves. Now you are my friends, since I have told you everything the Father told me."
~ John 15:12-15

"Wounds from a sincere friend
    are better than many kisses from an enemy."
~ Proverbs 27:6

"The heartfelt counsel of a friend
    is as sweet as perfume and incense."
~ Proverbs 27:9

"As iron sharpens iron,
    so a friend sharpens a friend." 
~ Proverb 27:17



No comments:

Post a Comment