Sunday, January 12, 2014

Discernment

Making decisions and knowing the RIGHT one is not always easy. Sure, it is easy to figure out what you want for breakfast or what you want to wear to a party...but even those decisions can be difficult sometimes, and we still make the wrong choices..

But how about really important life decisions such as whether to go back to school or get a job, or the decisions to end a friendship or start a relationship, or even to move to a different country! Decisions, decision...



One thing I discovered, when making decisions in life it's important to slow down. Stop and evaluate the situation before making any drastic choice, give it time and give it over to God. There is nothing that He does not already know and there is nothing that surprises Him, so who better to ask than the One who created you and knows you the best?

Today I had to slow down and pray, asking God to help me make some decisions...it was amazing to see how He showed me the way to go about it - He gave me the discernment. The most beautiful thing is that when we surrender our decision-making to the Lord, He gives us the insight, the words, the courage and peace in our hear to execute His will.

I thank Him this day for the guidance of the Hoy Spirit, for discernment and for the peace in my heart! Thank You, Lord, for helping me make the right choices when I surrender them to you...

...and for that I am so very thankful to Him...

"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways," declares the LORD. "As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts."

Isaiah 55:8-9

No comments:

Post a Comment