Sunday, January 26, 2014

Tears...

Tears...tears of joy and tears of sorrow. Sometimes caused by a bad experience or simply the compilation of life pressures...Tears are a part of life.

Pain is not something we tend to seek or welcome easily because, let's face it, no one wants to feel hurt. Although I am not an easy person to cry or to get sad, I am actually thankful for my tears...before you think I am weird, let me explain: 


I consider myself a happy person for the most part, someone who enjoys life and has fun no matter what I do. But, like anyone else, there are definitely moments that cause grief and sorrow in my heart. Also, like most people, I used to try to protect myself from even getting to that vulnerable place where I can get hurt, but we all know, that in order to experience the fulness of life and the beauty of all that life and relationships have to offer, you have to take those walls down at least sometimes and become vulnerable, even though you might get hurt. I learned that tears are a part of life and those moments of sorrow are inevitable if we at least remotely allow people close, because at some point they will disappoint us...

The way I learned to look at it is that situations that cause tears are actually a gift, a blessing in disguise. They either reveal something about yourself or others around you. Either way, they are definitely learning opportunities. For one, they reveal how much something really means to you. Secondly, it is in those times it is revealed who is truly there for you. It is in those moments that you realise who knows you the best and who cares for you genuinely. It is in those moments that you realise who are the people on your speed-dial that you can trust to call and share your heart with...it is in those times that you know whose friendship is real and who has your best interest at heart...tears are revealing and they are also like the rain that washes over your soul, cleansing your heart, giving you the relief you need to face the challenges...just don't stay there too long. Know that God is still in control and He already knows the outcome. It is just a matter of time before you get clarity, just let Him do what He does best - let Him lead you and guide you to that place or peace and rest. Christ is still my hope because through Him I can overcome! He counts our tears..tears can be good for the soul...

...and for that I am thankful...

"Record my misery; list my tears on your scroll -- are they not in your record?
Then my enemies will turn back when I call for help. By this I will know that God is for me. In God, whose word I praise, in the LORD, whose word I praise--
in God I trust and am not afraid. What can man do to me? I am under vows to you, my God; I will present my thank offerings to you. For you have delivered me from death and my feet from stumbling,  that I may walk before God in the light of life."
~ Psalm 56:8-13

No comments:

Post a Comment