Thursday, January 23, 2014

In Spirit and in Truth...

Have you ever heard a song that took you into a trance, the kind of experience where the music lifts you up, takes up your spirit and carries you into another dimension...and the words pierce your heart with a supernatural power that you cannot explain?

Imagine melting into a praise and worship in this way, crying out to the Lord with all that you are and all that you have to give! The kind of giving in where there you no longer exist in the flesh, but the flesh falls away and all that is left is a communion of spirits - yours and that of God, intertwining in a love dance!



That is what I love to experience when I hear Spirit-filled worship! I am so thankful that I can hear and feel music in this way, that I can comprehend the words and the meaning of those words...I am thankful that I can raise my voice in praise and worship to my King of Kings, my Friend, the Lover of my soul...that even in the midst of pain and hardships I can lift my cry to Him; that in the moments of my joy I get to lift my voice in joyful noise. I am FREE to worship...

...and for that I am THANKFUL...

"But an hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth; for such people the Father seeks to be His worshipers. "God is spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth."~ John 4:23-24 





No comments:

Post a Comment