Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Breaking Dawn

Have you ever stopped and wondered...how we can look at something and realise how beautiful it is? Have you ever wondered that we can see and appreciate such an array of colours and shapes and dimensions, recognising the obvious and breathtaking beauty that surrounds us daily?

I am not a morning person. I would much rather stay up late till wee hours of the morning and get up at about 11:00 am in the comfort of my bed and comforter and my soft best friend pillow...I am one of those people who needs strong coffee in the morning to even feel human.



Somehow, about a year ago the Lord began to call me to Himself. He wanted me to spend time with Him. I tried everything - lunch break, evening and even spending time on my day off. But for some reason it was not bringing me closer to Him on that intimate level. I was asking God to show me what to do, but continued to ignore that still small voice that called me, because I did not want to get out of my comfort zone. Despite all of that, the small still voice never left me.

It was this nurturing kind of voice that kept wooing me, causing me to pay closer attention. The Holy Spirit began to reveal to me, through the stories in Scripture, that all of His chosen people seemed to seek Him at the break of dawn, including Jesus Himself...

God's voice resounded in my heart, "Come to Me, seek Me in the morning. Come to our meeting place and I will led you to still waters, I will give you rest". I decided to try it out...I decided to be obedient to that call.

Ever since that day, I have witnessed so many unique and unforgettable sunrises that He painted just for me to see, so many quiet moment where He shows up and speaks to me as the sun rises, painting the sky with unimaginable colours! These moments became so precious to me that I cannot even imagine going long periods of time without that early morning time. It became our meeting place where we both expect to commune with each other.

Don't get me wrong, I still need my coffee in the morning and I still snooze my alarm hugging my pillow...but the reward of starting a day in the company of my Creator is not something I want to trade for those extra Zzz's. He makes it worth getting out of bed every time!

...and for that I am THANKFUL...


"And rising very early in the morning, while it was still dark, [Jesus] departed and went out to a desolate place, and there he prayed." 
~ Mark 1:35

"O Lord, in the morning you hear my voice; in the morning I prepare a sacrifice for you and watch."
~ Psalm 5:3

"Satisfy us in the morning with your steadfast love, that we may rejoice and be glad all our days."
~ Psalm 90:14


No comments:

Post a Comment